Danica McKellar: 'I'm the Happiest I've Ever Been'




09/22/2014 AT 07:30 AM EDT



These days, Danica McKellar is all smiles.

For starters, the former Wonder Years actress and mom to 4-year-old son Draco is the new spokesperson for Colgate's Smile for Picture Day campaign, which helps kids learn about dental hygiene. But that's surely not the only thing that has her grinning.


McKellar, 39, who just got engaged in July, says her lawyer fiancé, Scott Sveslosky, 38, is a dream come true. "I've been on could nine since the day I met him 11 months ago," the actress tells PEOPLE. "I'm the happiest I've ever been and it seems it's going to keep continuing that way."


And though many future brides would be swamped with wedding planning, McKellar's not the least bit stressed. "Planning a wedding is a little time-consuming, but I've done it before," says the actress, who split from her first husband in 2012.


This time around, "We're doing a very small wedding, keeping it simple, just about us," she says. "We both have been married before, we've both had the big wedding, and now, we just want to be married. It's not about the wedding, it's about the marriage."


And one small wedding guest is sure to steal the show. "He's just adorable," McKellar says of son Draco, "I feel like the luckiest mom in the world."


Lately the tot's smile has been just as bright as hers. "I brush his teeth for him," McKellar says of using her Colgate skills on Draco. What's her mom trick for cleaning his tiny molars? "He loves garbage cans, so I tell him 'open your mouth really wide like a big garbage can.' It works!"






No comments:

Post a Comment