Justin Timberlake Wants to Play the Riddler




08/30/2013 at 02:00 PM EDT




Justin Timberlake Wants to Play the Riddler


Justin Timberlake, the Riddler


BroadImage; Everett



Riddle me this, film fans.

Justin Timberlake would love to play the famed villain, the Riddler, to Ben Affleck's Batman, he recently divulged in a radio interview.


Speaking to radio station Fresh 102.7's Jim & Kim Morning Show on Tuesday, Timberlake, 32, confessed that playing the bad guy sounds like a fun proposition, but don't even suggest that he'd be a fabulous cast as Robin in the 2015 sequel, Man of Steel.


"I ain't playin' Robin. I have no aspiration to ever be a superhero in a movie," Timberlake said. "Now, villain! I'll tell you the villain I want to play more than anything because I grew up loving Batman, funny enough, is the Riddler."


Why go for a part as the evil nemesis with a penchant for word play? "The Riddler was like a sociopath," Timberlake explained. "He was proper crazy. So if I'm gonna play crazy, I wanna play proper crazy… I'm ready. The Riddler. Give me a call!"


Timberlake had nothing but praise for Affleck in the title role, even as some have criticized the Academy Award-winning actor-director, 41, as all wrong for the part.


"Ben Affleck as Batman. I like it," said Timberlake, who appears alongside him in the film Runner Runner. "I think he's a brilliant filmmaker. "I think he's an extreme talent so he could surprise a lot of people."






No comments:

Post a Comment