Channing Tatum on Magic Mike XXL: Wife Jenna Has to Approve My Stripper Moves


Channing Tatum on Magic Mike XXL: Wife Jenna Has to Approve My Stripper Moves


Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan-Tatum


Andrew H. Walker/Getty





10/12/2014 AT 08:30 AM EDT



Channing Tatum's wife, Jenna Dewan-Tatum, is thrilled to see him jump back into the thong for Magic Mike XXL – but she still has to approve the moves.

"Our two choreographers on the movie, they're really, really good friends [with Jenna]," Tatum told PEOPLE at Saturday's New York City press conference for the animated film The Book of Life, in which he voices the character of Joaquin. "So I work it out with them and then I go show Jenna for approval."


Tatum, 34, and his wife, 33, together since meeting on the set of Step Up in 2006, tied the knot three years later and welcomed daughter Everly, now 16 months, in 2013.


Even though her husband "still doesn't like seeing her kiss other people," they're both actors, so they know his sexy stripteases are just part of the daily (bump and) grind.


"She actually loves Magic Mike , believe it or not," says Tatum. "It's an interesting thing that actors have to deal with. We're 10 years into it now, so it's kind of old hat – we've moved past it."


But Dewan-Tatum is particularly understanding, because the Magic Mike movies are so close to her husband's heart – and for a good reason.


"If I was just doing some movie about strippers, then she'd probably be like, 'Why do you want to do that?' " says Tatum. "But it started off as a story that I really love, and it's grown into something that I love even more because it's a weird world that I experienced in my real life."


Magic Mike and its sequel, which is currently filming in Savannah, were inspired inspired by Tatum's own experiences as a stripper in Florida.


"It's just a part of me telling some part of my life," he says. "And she understands that."






No comments:

Post a Comment