How Andy Cohen Found Love - with His Dog




10/30/2014 AT 07:10 PM EDT




Last fall, Andy Cohen realized something was missing from his life.


"I was lonely," the talk show host and producer tells PEOPLE. "I wanted a companion."


What he never expected was to find it with a rescue dog named Wacha.


In an excerpt from his new book, The Andy Cohen Diaries, the 46-year-old host of Watch What Happens Live recounts his first year with the pup, now two-years-old, from celeb playdates to potty-training mishaps to TV stardom.


"He's the model of how every famous person should act," Cohen says. "He's just himself."


So now that he’s found love with his canine pal, does Cohen worry he won’t find the real thing? "Not at all," he says. "If anything, Wacha has opened my life up to more."


Read the excerpt below:


Thursday, September 19, 2013


I really need a dog. I need something to take care of and think about other than myself or my job. Seeing a giant waterbug in my bathroom tonight sealed the deal. Can dogs kill bugs? At least we could go through the terror together. Going to start browsing rescue dogs.


Sunday, September 29, 2013


Stayed up until two in the morning looking at dogs online. I fell in love with a beagle-hound mix. He looks perfect – kinda like a Ralph Lauren Snoopy. And he would go in my apartment – he literally goes with the furniture!






No comments:

Post a Comment