Surprise! George Clooney Steps Out at New York Comic Con




10/09/2014 AT 03:15 PM EDT



George Clooney did say the honeymoon would be short!

The Oscar winner, who tied the knot with London-based attorney Amal Alamuddin on Sept. 27 in Venice, was back at work on Thursday to promote his upcoming sci-fi adventure, Tomorrowland.


Clooney, 53, appeared as a surprise guest at New York Comic Con, where he joined other cast members from the Disney film, about a girl (Britt Robertson) who catches a glimpse of an idyllic futuristic land and seeks to return to it with the help of a mysterious failed inventor (Clooney).


Introduced by costar Hugh Laurie, Clooney walked onstage to loud cheering: "It is not lost on me that I am spending my honeymoon" at Comic Con, he said, joking, "I think since my Batman, I was disinvited from Comic Con. I see the comment sections on all you guys." It was his first Comic Con, he said, "on top of it being my honeymoon."


Director Brad Bird (The Incredibles) "has a beautiful vision of the film he wants to make," Clooney added. It was fun for all of us to play in this giant toy box with him.... Hugh and I got to get into trouble in the Bahamas. That was fun. Two former television doctors – we'll take them all on!"


"There's something about George,” Bird tells Entertainment Weekly. "You can see the wheels turning in his eyes, and he reads as somebody who is very principled. He seems like a very pragmatic guy who also dreams, but he's not flighty. There's an integrity to him that you feel."


Tomorrowland is scheduled for release on May 22, 2015. Watch the trailer below.


• Reporting by K.C. BAKER AND JEFF NELSON






No comments:

Post a Comment