Is Anna Kendrick Going to Dye Her Hair Red? The Funny Reason She's Considering It


Style News Now

03/28/2014 at 09:00 AM ET




Anna Kendrick beautyJason Merritt/Getty


We love Anna Kendrick for a number of reasons (she’s funny, she’s beautiful and girl can sing), but perhaps most of all for the fact that she subscribes to our fashion and beauty philosophy, which is often, for lack of a better word, laziness.


To wit: She admits that she can’t remember the last time she left the house to pick up clothes or makeup. “I didn’t realize how much online shopping I was doing until I discovered [grocery store] yummy.com, so now I can basically never leave the house,” she says, laughing. “I got my first stash of the tinted lip balms online. I think I probably ordered it through Walgreen’s. And [I like] Piperlime because they do the free returns, that’s always good. I guess I’m just, like, slowly becoming lazier and lazier.”


The tinted lip balms in question are Burt’s Bees — the actress has been using the line’s products for years, and when they heard she was a fan, they tapped her to host their Hive with Heart event for Lipstick Angels, which provides beauty services to women with cancer.


PHOTOS: What are you favorite stars wearing? Check out the photos now!


Kendrick says the $7 balms are her most consistent beauty bargain (she’s in “Sweet Violet,” though “I have a drawer full of literally every color of these things. I just found out they discontinued ‘Tiger Lily’ and it makes me super sad,” she says) but she’s not above splurging when the moment calls for it. Not that it always works out. “My first designer purchase was a Marc by Marc [Jacobs] bag that was covered in studs and I thought it was so badass,” she says of splurging after earning her first big paycheck. “But it was so heavy that I could only carry it for like a couple of hours at a time.”


She’ll have another big paycheck to spend soon now that Pitch Perfect 2 is greenlit. Kendrick says she’s “working on my mime” to keep up with whatever insanity Rebel Wilson dreams up, but instead of horizontal running, her fitness of choice comes from Pure Barre. “It makes me hurt all over. It’s the worst thing I’ve ever done. A resounding endorsement,” she jokes.


And true to her low-key nature, we shouldn’t expect to see any major style or hair changes coming down the pike. “Everybody seems to be cutting their hair off. I’m not ready to do that,” she says, though admits, “It would be fun to be a redhead … you can get away with being like really volatile and fire-y because you’re like, ‘I’m just a redhead, what can I say?’” Seems as good of a reason as any to us!


Be sure to check out Hive With Heart, then tell us: Should she go red? What’s your favorite beauty bargain?


–Alex Apatoff, reporting by Mariah Haas






No comments:

Post a Comment