Lindsey Ogle: 'I Have No Regrets' About Quitting Survivor




03/30/2014 at 12:10 PM EDT



It's surprisingly rare when a contestant quits Survivor. Out of the 424 contestants to ever play the game, only 10 have officially walked away, and usually because they are physically sick or exhausted.

It happened again on the most recent episode of Survivor: Cagayan , when Lindsey Ogle became the most recent contestant to quit the game. Returning to camp after losing her closest ally, NBA star Cliff Robinson, Ogle got into a heated argument with fellow castaway Trish Hegarty. "I was worried that I would get into a physical confrontation with her," says Ogle, 29. "I didn't want to do that."


Ogle, a hairdresser from Indiana, tells PEOPLE that she has no regrets about quitting the show, but says that there's one contestant she will never like.


Let's get to the big question. Why did you quit the game?

Trish had said some horrible things that you didn't get to see. Take my word for it, she said some truly terrible things. We got back to camp and I was kind of in shock. I needed a moment, and she wouldn't give it to me. I needed to settle down and collect myself. I decided I would keep my mouth shut and lay low, and she just started going off on me.


How ugly was it?

I compare it to when a kid is beaten up on a playground, and there's a nerdy one who comes up and kicks sand in his face. She got right in my face and started rubbing my face in it. I think she was playing to the cameras, to be honest. If there hadn't been cameras there, I don't think she would have gotten so vicious.



How did you react when it was happening?

My hands started shaking. I started sweating. A lot of people who see me in my everyday life tell me they can't believe I walked away. It was the hardest thing I've ever done. People may say that it's a cop-out, that I blamed it on my daughter, but that's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. I wanted to show my daughter that it's not okay to kick someone's ass if they get on your nerves; that you have to take a breath and walk away. So I'm proud of the decision I made.


But quitting is a big step. Do you regret it?

No. I have no regrets. Am I upset that some insignificant person got me to that point? Sure, I guess. But I had to take it and learn some lessons from it. I could use the million dollars; who couldn't? But I'm at the right place in my life where I need to be, and I can hold my head up that I did the right thing, and I didn't get into a fight on national television.


Were you much of a fan of Survivor before you went on the show?

I actually tried out for The Amazing Race with my fiancé at the time. I sent in a video behind his back! They called me half an hour after I sent in the video and wanted to meet me. They decided he was a bit shy for the show, but they wanted me for Survivor. So I have watched ungodly amounts of Survivor in the past year. It's addictive.



What surprised you the most about the experience?

It's a very physical game, but I was surprised about the social part. With the Brawny tribe, the personalities are strong. We were like bulls. I usually get along with people, but Trish just rubbed me the wrong way. You know how you meet someone and you just don't like them? That was Trish, and I'm sure she feels the same way about me.


So who did you like out there?

Pretty much everyone else. I liked Tony. I underestimated him. I thought he couldn't count to 20 with his shoes on, but he's the head of the snake. More props to him. I had no idea how threatening he was out there, but he was funny, too. I like him a lot. Sarah and I got really close; I enjoyed being around her. And Cliff was a very nice guy. Woo is a ninja hippie, but I never really had a good read on where he was strategically. But I got along with all of them.


Everyone but Trish.

[Laughs] Everyone but Trish. But you know, it's over now. We'll never be friends, but I don't wish any harm to come to her. It's time to move on.






No comments:

Post a Comment