Is Olivia Palermo Launching Her Own Fashion Line?


10/09/2014 at 09:00 AM ET




Olivia Palermo is a “fashion month” staple, a pro at creating Pinterest-worthy outfits, a budding shoe designer and a PEOPLE.com regular. So naturally, there is is one big question on everyone’s minds: When will she launch her own label?


Olivia Palermo The EditCourtesy The Edit


“I have my hands full at the moment. I would love to start my own [fashion] house but it’s not the right time,” the star tells The Edit in a new cover interview. “I feel like I can do it in stages and when the timing is right to do it, then I will.”


Aside from leading her successful and eponymous fashion site (“I have three people that work on the editorial side on a daily basis, an entire team who handle the back-end,\ and myself”) Palermo recently teamed with Aquazzura designer and founder Edgardo Osorio for a shoe collection she adores.


“I’ve known Edgardo since his first collection and he’s become a great friend of mine,” Palermo says. “I only want to team up and design with people who I have a solid relationship with … With this, we wanted to create the shoes every woman wants in her wardrobe. Edgardo and I both like a little toe cleavage, and [the heels] had to be high. The heel is actually the highest he’s ever done, so it was a bit of an experiment, but I think it came out very well, they’re still walkable. You don’t want to waddle in the street.”


RELATED PHOTOS: Vote on the latest red carpet styles


Olivia Palermo The EditCourtesy The Edit


So where does she get all her style swagger from? If you haven’t already guessed, she was born with it and so were the women in her family. “My mother and grandmother are very pulled together. They never leave the house without being completely, 100 percent presentable and that was instilled in me at a very young age,” she says.


Palermo’s personal style high note may have been the full tulle skirt, tailored shorts and simple cashmere sweater by Carolina Herrera she wore when she married her now-husband, the super-handsome model Johannes Huebl, in an intimate N.Y.C. ceremony.


“I had a semi-idea of what I was looking for, but I surprised myself,” she says. “Carolina did a fabulous job and I loved the sweater with the feathers. They’re both wonderful pieces that I can wear again if I choose to. I love wearing clothes over and over again.” (And we know this to be true as Palermo is one our I Really Love My… mainstays.)


The star’s best piece of style advice is very simple: Put a belt on it. “As you get dressed, take a look to see if anything needs to be done,” she advises. “I tend to go with the detailing. I have endless skinny belts. My favorite ones are from [high street labels] Whistles and Reiss, actually. There is always a place for a big belt, but sometimes when you’re layering pieces you need to hide the belt and a skinny one does just that.


What do you think of Palermo’s fashion line ambitions? Do you want to see her start her own business? Share your thoughts below.


–Brittany Talarico






No comments:

Post a Comment