Teresa Giudice Says She Won't Leave Husband Joe When He Goes to Prison




10/09/2014 AT 09:35 PM EDT



Joe Giudice acknowledged Thursday in the final part of a special Watch What Happens Live interview that there was not only a chance he could be deported following his 41-month prison term but that he also had a drinking problem.

While Teresa Giudice was in the spotlight Monday – her first interview since being sentenced to 15 months in prison for fraud – the focus was squarely on her husband in part two.


"I'm gonna worry about it when the time comes," Joe responded to Andy Cohen's question about the possibility he could be deported to Italy since he is not an American citizen and is now a convicted felon. "That's not such a bad thing … You gotta think about it moment by moment, and day by day. You can't think five years from now."


Joe faces yet another hearing Oct. 15 for allegedly trying to obtain a fake license with his brother's ID, charges that could potentially add nearly 12 more years to his sentence.



"Don't answer," Teresa instructed her husband, who stumbled for a few seconds when Cohen asked him about it. "He can't talk about that."


What Joe did address, however, was his problem with alcohol, saying, "I might have a little problem, yeah. I'm not gonna lie."


"Before you started this Real Housewives stuff, I think I used to drink only on the weekends," said Joe, who was told by Judge Esther Salas during his sentencing hearing that he should participate in an alcohol program. "Now I drink every day."


Continued Joe, who said drinking helps him sleep and that his four daughters are "usually in bed" when he starts: "I could easily do two, three bottles, four bottles, easily, with another person … sometimes two by myself … one bottle's like sucking a bottle of milk. It's nothin' … It's either that or I gotta take a pill, and I don't wanna take a pill."


Teresa later restated that her biggest fear about prison is being away from her children. "I want Joe to be Mr. Mom," she added.



The Giudices also acknowledged that their legal woes had gravely damaged their businesses – "This whole thing has killed everything," Joe said – with Teresa admitting they "didn't have the money" to repay the $250,000 the court was supposed to receive in advance of their hearing.


Teresa waffled when Cohen asked if she would be a reality star if she had to do it all over again, but did say she was not planning to leave Joe when he goes to prison following her term, which begins Jan. 5.


"I don't think he meant to hurt me in any way," a tearful Teresa said.


"I just want to apologize that I got you into this mess," Joe said to his wife, before the two exchanged kisses and said they loved one another at the end of the interview. "If I could take it all back, I would."






No comments:

Post a Comment