Brooke Shields's Bombshell of the Day: Her Calvin Klein Jeans Still Fit!


Brooke Shields's Bombshell of the Day: Her Calvin Klein Jeans Still Fit!


Brook Shields on the cover of PEOPLE






11/17/2014 AT 03:00 PM EST



Brooke Shields tells all about her celebrity romances, her mom and her crazy life as a child star. Subscribe now for instant access to our exclusive PEOPLE cover story and excerpt from her new book.

Brooke Shields caused a sensation back in 1980, when she modeled a pair of Calvin Klein jeans and proclaimed, "Nothing comes between me and my Calvins."


Thirty-four years later, Shields writes about the infamous commercial in her new memoir about her mom and her extraordinary life, There Was a Little Girl .


It turns out the star has the famous blue jeans in storage.


"I do have them in [my] archives," she says. "[They] fit but I have to lie on my bed to get them on. Very tight."


In her book, Shields reveals that she had no idea her Calvin commercial had a double meaning: "In no way did I think I was saying anything controversial or sexual. It never occurred to me that the line could mean I wasn't wearing underwear. I was once again perceived as both a Lolita and an abused daughter."


The beauty icon says she actually felt "disconnected" from her celebrated looks.


"I just never felt like I could live up to what people were saying about me," she explains. "How do you live up to being the look of the '80s or America's most beautiful face since Elizabeth Taylor? I wasn't skin and bones and I didn't have boobs and I didn't have all the things that people get celebrated for, and yet I was also considered and talked about as this beauty. It made me think of, 'Gosh, how can they possibly think that's true?' I truly didn’t buy into it. I didn't think I was the most beautiful thing in the world. I thought Rene Russo was."


For more of Brooke's bombshells, come back to PEOPLE.com every day at 3 p.m. ET! And for much more of PEOPLE's exclusive excerpt from Brooke Shields's memoir and her revealing interview, pick up a copy of the newest issue, on newsstands now.







No comments:

Post a Comment