Kendall Jenner Lands Major Beauty Campaign: All the Details!


11/15/2014 at 11:23 AM ET




It was only a matter of time before Kendall Jenner nabbed a beauty campaign. And with the 19-year-old model’s crazy-successful career trajectory (here’s a recap of her amazing year), it’s no surprise her first one is huge. Kendall is the new brand ambassador for mega-cosmetics label Estée Lauder.


Kendall Jenner Estee Lauder campaignCourtesy Estée Lauder


“I am super excited to announce that I am the new face of @esteelauder!!,” the star shared on Instagram. “I still can’t believe it myself!”


Kendall has known about her new gig for a few months, but had to wait to reveal it to the rest of the world, which only built up the excitement.


“It honestly feels like a dream to represent such an iconic beauty brand — it is an incredible honor and quite humbling,” she says in a press release. “I found out when I was backstage at Paris fashion week, and all this time I’ve had to keep the news top secret. I am so excited to share it now and be part of Estée Lauder.”


Adds Estée Lauder Global Brand President Jane Hertzmark Hudis, “She is the ultimate instagirl, and we are excited to leverage her image, voice, energy and extraordinary social media power to introduce Estée Lauder to millions of young women around the world.”


RELATED: A Look Back at Kendall Jenner’s Stylish Year


Vogue also interviewed the star about her debut into the beauty world and her social media outreach.


“I enjoy letting my fans into my world,” Kendall tells the magazine. “Instagram is my edit of my life.”


She also shares that she has her parents to thank for instilling a strong work ethic in her. “I learned early that being a perfectionist and providing quality was the only way to do business. Workaholic is a good word in our house.”


And as far as her love life, Kendall just doesn’t have time right now. “It’s a cliché, but I genuinely am too busy. Or should I say picky?”


Fashion photographer Mikael Jansson will shoot ads for Kendall’s first campaign alongside Carolyn Murphy and Joan Smalls.


“To think back to being a young kid playing with Estée Lauder, and then jump to now I’m a part of this family which is so awesome and incredible,” Kendall shares. “And I just feel so blessed.”


To shop Kendall’s favorite Estée Lauder products and go behind the scenes of her new campaign, click here. What do you think of her beauty gig? Is she a good fit for the brand. Sound off below.


–Brittany Talarico






No comments:

Post a Comment